The Draft Report of the Library of Congress Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control has been released and is available for public comment until December 15th. The cover letter with some background and other information about the report is available here.
The report addresses 5 main areas:
- Increase the Efficiency of Bibliographic Production
- Enhance Access to Rare and Unique Materials
- Position our Technology for the Future
- Position our Community for the Future
- Strengthen the Library and Information Science Profession
That’s just 2 short weeks to submit your comments!