The International UDC Seminar 2009 entitled “Classification at a Crossroads – multiple directions to usability” took place last month in the Koninklijke Bibiotheek in the Hague. The presentation slides and most of the MP3 recordings of the presentations are now available.
Some selected highlights:
- Illuminating chaos: using classification to harness the Web / Dagobert Soergel, University of Maryland (USA)
- Concepts and terms in faceted classification / Vanda Broughton, University College London (UK)
- Open Web standards and classification: foundations for a hybrid approach / Dan Brickley, Vrije University Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- Visual analysis of classification scheme / Veslava Osinska, Nicolaus Copernicus University (Poland)
- UDC and folksonomies / Alenka Šauperl, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
Looks like some very interesting activity.