Added Copies Set Up As A Call Number in Yorkline
Added Copies Set Up As A Call Number
|Created: 96/07/16||Updated: 2009/02/20||Questions and comments to: email@example.com|
CHECK FOR COMPUTER DISKS IN BACK OF BOOK. (See instructions for processing books with computer disks at the end of this document)
1. Retrieve the record by title (if you retrieve more than one title, click on correct title), then click on Display1 Item on Command Pad; then, at the preliminary Display1 Item screen, click on GO to display the bibliographic record. If the call numbers display like the example below with an XX call number then the copy needs to be moved under the correct call number.
PN 452 054 1994 copies: 1 library: YORK copy:1 ID: 3900704177637 SCOTT-BOOK (SCOTT) XX(1280889.2) copies: 1 library: YORK copy:2 ID: 1280889-2002 ON-ORDER (SCOTT)
2. Check that the book matches the record retrieved. The Author, Title, Publication Information, Edition, Paging and ISBN must match. (If all fields do not match, give book to Linda Smith.)
3. Click on correct call number. Note that call number you selected will appear at top of record to the right of Display1 Item. Note the number of the copy that you will be adding.
4. Click on Create Item. Change Title to Copy. Click on GO. Check title at top of Create Item screen.
5. Enter copy number. Click on Type, change to In-Process.
6. Check Home Location, to make sure the location matches the added copy.
If the book is for Reference or Scott Archives and Special Collection then indicate N for non-circulating in Circulate Y/N.
7. Put barcode at top of first page of book and wand the barcode in New Barcode. If book is for Special Collections add white flyer and put barcode on flyer NOT ON BOOK.
Check bottom of screen for message “Item Created”.
8. Click on Edit Item. Click on GO. (If the book is for Reserves, enter Scott-Resv for Scott Reserves, Frost-Resv for Frost Reserves, BG-Resv for Business and Gov. Pub Reserves and Steac-Resv for Steacie Reserves, in the Current Location). Print a copy of the Copy Information, Call Number Information and Title Information screen. Circle Yorkline number (Control #) on printout of item record. Write the correct Item Type on printout.
9. Edit author and title on title page in pencil if book is paperback.
10. Enter added copy on statistics form.
11. Click on Display1 Item. Click on GO. Click on XX call number that needs to be deleted. Check that call number to be deleted shows beside Display1 Item at top of screen. Click on Remove Item. Check that you are removing the correct call number. Click on GO. Check bottom of screen for message “Call number and copy removed.”
12. Put book on truck (remove book jacket) except for Scott Archives and Special Collection.
Added Copies – Exceptions
If added copy is a paperback version of a hardcover book in Yorkline with everything exactly the same except for the print date, bring book to the attention of Linda Smith or Linda Gamble.
Processing Added Copies with Computer Disks
1. Check that 300 field in bibliographic record has noted the presence of the disk(s).
eg. 300 312 p. + 1 computer disk (3 1/2 in)
If not present, refer to Linda Smith.
2. Request copy of disk(s). (Claudette Lovelace will be responsible for obtaining copies and will store the original disks.)
3. Send item to Binding and Labelling with copy of disk(s) and note that labels are needed for the cover and inside of the item indicating the presence of the computer disk(s) and an additional spine label is needed for each disk.