March 2002 Monthly Report
TO: Dale Irwin
FROM: Nancy Hall
RE: Monograph Acquisitions Monthly report March 2002
DATE: April 2, 2002
1. Saraya Elwin. During March, Saraya weeded 239 government documents duplicates from Yorkline. 58 Scott S books and 472 Scott T books were transferred to storage. There are several boxes of materials from CIIA to be processed. We are still processing the Scott science weeding done by Brian Wilks as well as receiving weeding from Frost and Government Documents.
2. Copy Cataloguing. Along with cataloguing YBP books, copy cataloguers continue to catalogue a number of LC copy items from the cataloguing backlog. Monograph Acquisitions staff catalogued a total of 1876 items this month.
3. Ordering. We are processing orders as they come into the department as quickly as possible. Large numbers of items are being ordered on-line through Gobi. Trucks of items are being received as well. The impact of the lower Canadian dollar is being felt somewhat. Funds are being closely monitored as we approach the latter half of the fiscal with particular attention to the approval plan. Extra time was taken from Cataloguing this month to attend to Rush orders as we near fiscal year end.
4. Staff training. Training continued with Amy on the processing or orders and some receipts. We have not devoted as much time to these efforts this month as I would have liked due to the pressures of year end . Linda Gamble and myself attended a one day training session on Account Payable in FHRS. It was a very useful session and we learned some tips we will incorporate in our procedures in the new fiscal.
5. Site visit. On March 27, I hosted a group of twelve people from University of Toronto. We met to discuss the ins and outs of SIRSI infoview and acquisitions. Even though University of Toronto plans to use workflows, they felt the background information on the workings of SIRSI Acquisitions and the benefit of our experience would be helpful.