October 2000 Monthly Report 116
TO: Dale Irwin
FROM: Nancy Hall
RE: Monograph Acquisitions Monthly report October 2000
DATE: Nov.2, 2000
1. Marsha Hall: During October Marsha processed the new items sent by the CIIA. 109 titles were sent to the National Library and 186 were added to Yorkline. 708 items were weeded from Steacie. Rita Carcasole of Bibliographic Services continues to process drops from A-G Canada, generated from the work Marsha has been doing. Marsha began training on the AG-Canada database in order to se arch for copy for gifts and to help with the drops.
2. Dana Levesque of Blackwell visited to make a presentation to subject specialists about Blackwells online slip service. A couple of subject specialists attended along with Nancy Hall. We discussed th e profiling for slips, which is based on Blackwells own subject lists not LC. Dana left us to sort out our profile and get back to him. We will switch to the online slips as soon as the profile is in place. Bob Nardini of YBP visited for an entire day. T he meeting was very productive. Bob met throughout the day with individual subject specialists to fine tune their profiles and answer any questions they might have. He also met with Nancy and Dale to discuss more general issues.
3. Copy Cataloguing. Staff continue to improve and gain speed in their copy cataloguing, with a total of 950 items being catalogued this month. Revision still continues and the order/processing side of operations is still moving slowly although somewhat improved over last month. We ve been pleased with everyones progress. Keep up the good work!
4. Patti Ryan from Reference visited to have orientation. We spent some time on collections and ordering as Patti will be assuming some of Catherines duties during her absence.
5. Nancy Hall and Letty Luke were honoured at a reception in the Faculty Club this month for 25 years of service to York University.
6. Nancy Hall took an online web-based course from ARL (Association of Research Libraries) called Coaching for Performa nce from Sept. 25-Oct.18, 2000.