September 2003 Monthly Report 47
TO: Tom Scott
FROM: Nancy Hall
RE: Monograph Acquisitions Monthly report September 2003
DATE: Oct. 2, 2003
- Student: This month a new student, Mary Anne Obwaka, joined us. Welcome Mary Anne. Linda Gamble has been training Mary Anne and it will take a little time for her to get up to speed. She and Linda Gamble processed the following this month.There were 25 items updated from the Frost missing list and 23 items from the Frost lost list. There were also 38 items transferred from Scott Bib Centre to Scott Reference. Mary Anne also spent time bringing books up from 013 to discarded from Steacie Storage.
- Output. Shelf ready from YBP, RUSH and some backlog items were catalogued this month for a total of 2243. As well staff processed a total of 3234 items and placed 1713 orders. Thanks everyone for a job well done.
- Staff and training. Our two vacancies, one permanent full time and one contract full time, were posted this month. We hope to carry out interviews and fill those vacancies in October. All training has now been completed for GOBI 2. John Feliccia left the department at the end of September to take up a position in Bibliographic Services. Good luck John.
- Vendors: We had a visit from YBP who came to introduce our new Canadian representative, Pam Jacobs.Pam came to YBP from Guelph, where she had been Collections Development Librarian. We also discussed some issues around GOBI 2 and they were able to offer some suggestions to streamline things further as well as to mention some new initiatives.
- On Sept, 25, we had a visit from Mary McConnell from the University of Calgary to discuss our workflow and restructuring in light of plans underway at Calgary.