Scores and Parts Item Creation and Circulation Procedures (draft)
- General Procedures
- Scores with 8 parts or less
- Scores with more than 8 parts
- The number of parts will be indicated in the physical description field (MARC field 300)
- Label the physical item to indicate the presence of parts(handled by SMIL)
- Label the physical item to indicate the item must be returned to SMIL (handled by SMIL)
- Each item must be charged out at the SMIL desk.
- Each item must be returned to SMIL desk
- Each items is individually barcoded
- Each part will have a different call number and barcode
- The call number for each part will end with the suffix “PART”
- The call number for a Score will not have a suffix
- The binding policy will remain the same for items with 8 parts or less (Create a package to keep all the parts together)
- All items are located in SMIL stacks and circulate
SMIL labels (Instructions for SMIL staff)
- Label the physical item to indicate the number of parts
- Label the physical item to indicate the item must be taken out and returned to the SMIL-DESK
- Label the physical item alerting STAFF that there are multiple barcodes for charging and discharging the item
Example of a Score with less than 8 parts in the Sirsi Java Client
Example of a Score with less than 8 parts in the Public Catalogue
- Scores with more than 8 parts (more than 9 items) have two bar codes. One barcode is placed on the score and one on the envelope containing parts.
- The score is housed in the stacks. Envelopes containing parts are located in SMIL Special Collections.
- Large part sets circulate after consultation with full-time SMIL staff.
- Scores with more than 8 parts will be circulated individually. Parts will be housed in envelopes.
SMIL labels for scores with more than 8 parts
- Label the score to indicate that the parts are available at the SMIL-DESK.
- Label the parts envelope with a contents label indicating the number of parts inside the envelope.
- Label the envelope with a SMIL Special Collections label indicating that the parts must be returned to the SMIL-DESK.
Example of an item record for a Score with more than 8 parts displayed in the Sirsi Java Client
Example of a n item record for an envelope of parts displayed in the Sirsi Java Client
Example of a Score with more than 8 parts as displayed in the Public Catalogue