June 2001 Monthly Report 75
To: Dale Irwin From: Karen Cassel, Manager, Serials and Electronic Acquisitions
Re: Monthly report, June 2001
Date: June 28, 2001
1.Electronic resources . This month I added Walter de Gruyter as a new publisher with 13 titles. The Ingenta website finally came back up after several weeks with no access, and I was able to add over 120 Sage titles. I have been working through the list of all available Ingenta titles to make sure we have set up everything, and have registered for those that we have not yet set up. I reviewed all new print subscriptions added in the last year, to see if there was free online access for any of them, and added the ones that are available. Quite a few on the new Kinesiology journals do have free online access with print subscriptions. I also added 35 new JSTOR titles. The eresources database is in the process of being converted from Access to Oracle; towards the end of June I no longer had access to input new records while the transition is taking place. By mid-July I will begin adding new records in the new database. We now have 8920 electronic journals in the database.
2. Summer project. We hired Jackie Cheng to do the relabelling project over the summer.
3. Replacement serial issues. It has been our policy in the past to order replacement issues of serials at the time of binding, if issues are lost/stolen/missing. A new policy has been put into place to only order replacement issues if the journal is not available online.This will provide a small cost savings.
4. Able Binding. Bill Lehmann came and installed the Able 6.1 upgrade on all applicable workstations.
5. Sirsi 2000 testing was successfully completed.
6. Frost weeding project. As staff at Frost weed serial backruns, the appropriate changes are being made in Yorkline and on Kardex.
7. Staff. Karen Cassel attended ALA June 15-20. Karen Cassel attended PDF training