March 2002 Monthly Report 97
To: Dale Irwin
From: Karen Cassel, Manager, Serials and Electronic Acquisitions
Re: Monthly report, March 2002
Date: April 1, 2002
1. Electronic resources. There were only a few additions and corrections to the ejournals database this month. The main change was done by Doug, who identified embargoed titles from ABI and Business Source Premier and added a statement to the holdings to reflect this information. Our current count is 11,181.
2. Government Documents transfer. A considerable amount of work has been done this month with the Kardex cards from BG. So far over 700 cards have been updated to be filed on Kardex. The count is not yet complete and so it is not yet reflected in the monthly statistics; that should occur in time for year-end. Hundreds of records in Yorkline have had their holdings updated to show that they are no longer active. We have decided not to retain the cards for inactive records for which holdings in Yorkline are complete and in agreement with the Kardex holdings (ie the cards do not hold any additional useful information that would ever be needed). I plan to take this principle and apply it to all of Kardex as time permits. In the meantime, the count of inactive subscriptions and titles has been dropped from the monthly statistics sheet.
3. Gifts. We received an additional 2000 books from Professor Cuff, and 300 books from Janet Applebaum. Heather Fraser and I did a rough count of how many books are in 013 to be catalogued: 10,000.
4. Summer project. I submitted a summer project to relabel 25,000 books.
5. Training. Rosy Go attended Advanced Word Training.