September 2001 Monthly Report 74
To: Dale Irwin
From: Karen Cassel, Manager, Serials and Electronic Acquisitions
Re: Monthly report, September 2001
Date: Oct 1, 2001
1.Electronic resources. This month I added 56 free archived titles from Highwire. Over 250 titles have been added for Computer Database. I continue to work closely with Doug on the database development and maintenance. Reports are not yet ready.
2. BG weeding. 212 serial inactive serial titles (1276 volumes) were weeded from BG. The cards were removed from Kardex and Yorkline was updated accordingly.
3. Government Documents. I met with Lillian Dayan to make arrangements for the first phase of the transfer of the checkin to be done by serials staff in Scott. This will include Ontario, Municipal, Federal Provincial and Intergovernmental. The Kardex cards will come over to us early in October. I anticipate that the entries on the cards will need to be edited to main entries prior to integrating them into our Kardex.
4. DOCPER list. At the time that the lists of serials by fund were created, a list was not done for the fund DOC. With the transfer of the remaining Gov Docs coming over to Scott for checkin over the next year or so, I felt a list was now needed, and so it has been done for the government documents currently checked in here, and the others will be added as they are transferred over to us.
5. Serial print statistics. Now that we have lists of subscriptions by fund, the opportunity arose to do a revised count of subscriptions and titles by format and location. This month's serial statistics reflect the new count.
6. Vendors. Dale and I met with John Ashby and Stuart Silcox from RoweCom.
7. Invoice processing on FHRS. Rosy Go has been trained by Nancy Hall to process serial invoices on FHRS. We have been waiting for this for a very long time and are happy to have a staff member in the dept. with FHRS skills.