July 2002 Monthly Report
1.Electronic resources. Doug Fenwick did all of the URL changes for Scholars Portal (Elsevier, Kluwer, Wiley, Springer, Academic Press). Out of this we found 73 additional titles to be added from Academic Press. This month I changed the URLs from access via Ingenta to access via Catchword, for the following publishers: Bowker, Imprint Academic, John Benjamins, Modern Humanities Research Association, Society of American Foresters and Blackwell. I also added 12 new Highwire archived titles. Our current count of e-journal titles is 11,443.
2. Harrassowitz. I had a visit with Lorne Kenyon.
3. Swets Blackwell. I had a visit with Graham Yates.
4. Gifts. Significant donations this month were received from Janet Applebaum, Graeme McKechnie, Harvey Schwartz and the estate of Miriam Jokiniemi.
5. Scott Reference transfers and weeding. We have been heavily impacted by the weeding project in Scott Reference. Some of the monographs being transferred to the stacks need new spine labels, which Binding staff are producing. Rosy Go has been very busy with periodical transfers to the stacks: updating Kardex and Yorkline and preparing the items to be relabeled by Binding staff.
6. New fund for Nursing. A new fund, NUR was created. Nancy Kasper reviewed the HEAPER list and advised which titles should be switched to NURPER. Kardex was updated and the vendors informed.