York University Libraries Cataloguing and Metadata Committee Home Page
|Created: 98/02/04||Updated: 2015/02/12||Questions and comments to: Committee Chair|
This section contains links pertaining to the York University Libraries Cataloguing and Metadata Committee.
Table of Contents
- Terms of Reference
- Membership of the Committee
- Links to Local Documents
- Links to External Documents
- Links to SIRSI Information
- Links to Cataloguing Resources
Terms of Reference
Discuss and adopt metadata standards and cataloguing rules and procedures in order to optimize access to library resources.
Promote consistent application of metadata standards and cataloguing rules across all university departments adding content to local ILS (Sirsi). Take issues to appropriate committees for consultation and/or information. Identify and respond to opportunities to contribute York generated metadata records describing York’s unique collections to appropriate systems, databases, etc. Monitor new technologies in cataloguing and metadata and serve as an advisory board to the Libraries and the York community.
Review new releases and other SIRSI changes to determine and implement database policy and workflow changes and revision of documentation. Work with appropriate groups as required for issues and initiatives related to discovery layers, electronic resource management systems (ERMS) and other applications.
Determine training needs of staff both within YUL and across the university as appropriate (e.g. resource centres). Develop appropriate training and staff development programs in metadata and cataloguing.
Disseminate information pertaining to developments in cataloguing and metadata.
Meets 9:30 – 11:30 Room 108C Scott Library
Committee Members 2014/2015
Associate University Librarian Collections and Research
Head Bibliographic Services York University Libraries
Head Technical Services Osgoode Hall Law School Library
Manager Scholarly Resources York University Libraries
Cataloguing Coordinator York University Libraries
Cataloguing Assistant York University Libraries
Cataloguing Librarians Bibliographic Services
Library Information Systems Application Support Specialist (TBA)
Public Services Librarian York University Libraries (TBA)
- Stacy Allison-Cassin
- Adriana Bugyiova
- Haiyun Cao
- Heather Fraser
- Tim Knight
- Savka Marijan
- Heather Pitka
- Marcia Salmon – on Leave
- Adam Taves
Cataloguing Committee Notes
The notes of all the Cataloguing Committee meetings are in Microsoft Word format and are available on KAPPA. They are located in the Cataloguing Committee directory which is in the Public directory and then in the Permanent subdirectory on KAPPA. The minutes are stored in subdirectories of the Cataloguing Committee directory and arranged by year beginning with 1997.
To view the notes of the most recent Cataloguing Committee meeting, just click on the hypertext link displayed below:
Links to Local Documents
- Cataloguing Committee Commentary on the Search and Discovery Layer Selection Process
- Bibliographic Services Priorities
- Procedures for Creating Bibload Report
- Procedures for Loading Authority Records
- Proposals for Improving E-books Workflow
- York University Libraries Procedures for Cataloguing Electronic Resources
Links to External Documents
Cataloguing Electronic Resources
- Cataloguing remote electronic resources at Memorial University
- Draft interim guidelines for cataloging electronic resources at the Library of Congress
- University of Rochester River Campus Libraries Cataloging Guidelines for Internet Resources
- Cataloging remote access electronic materials at Yale
- Virtual Library of Virginia: Guidelines for Cataloging VIVA electronic collections
- Report of the Task Group to Survey PCC Libraries on Cataloging of Remote Access Electronic Resources
Links to Cataloguing Resources
Links to Cataloguing Training Resources
Links to SIRSI Information