Coding Horror is one of my favourite computer science blogs, always full of good information and lots of fun to boot.
Yesterday’s post What’s in a Project Name? is all about the weird and silly names big software houses give to their “top secret” projects.
Some rules of the game:
We’ve come up with the following loose guidelines for project naming:
- We prefer one word names.
- They should be relatively easy to pronounce and easy to spell.
- They have to be client friendly.
- They should be globally unique across the company. No duplicates.
- We need a reasonable number of items in the set to choose from, in A-Z order.
Ok, so not so weird and silly. Anyways, check out the blog, it’s a lot of fun.