Visit the Learning Commons (2nd floor, Scott Library) for help with writing, research and learning. The Learning Commons offer expert, individual assistance as well as group workshops to help you improve your learning, writing and research skills.
Struggling with writer’s block or deadlines? Meet one-on-one with a writing instructor for help with:
- Beginning an assignment and forming a thesis statement
- Developing an outline
- Formatting the essay
- Improving your writing
Writing instructors are affiliated with York University’s Writing Department (Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies)
Summer Hours [May 21 - July 27]
- 1:00 pm to 2:50 pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Finding research a challenge? Avoid the lines and book a 30-minute appointment to meet with a librarian for individual research help with:
- Navigating the Libraries’ print and online resources
- Identifying the best scholarly resources on your topic
- Finding, evaluating and using scholarly books, journal articles, and e-resources
- Organizing your citations using RefWorks
By-Appointment Service [Summer Hours: Mon - Thur. 5 pm - 7 pm].
Quick drop-in research assistance available at the Research Instruction Drop-in desk.
- Monday – Thursday : 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday : 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - noon to 5 p.m.
Note-taking not your best skill? Meet one-on-one with a Learning Skills specialists for help with:
- organizing your time and workload
- improving reading and note-taking skills
- studying “smarter” for tests/exams
- increasing your high level, critical thinking skills
Learning Skills specialists are affiliated with the Learning Skills Services (CDS).
Services will resume in the fall