102J Steacie Science and Engineering Library
Toronto, ON. Canada M3J 1P3
Tel: +1-416-736-2100 ext. 40075
Chemistry, Physics & Astronomy.
- Fernandez, L. Scholarly Communications in the Sciences – A Third World Perspective. Internet References Services Quarterly 4.4 (1999):19-27.
- Fernandez, L. User Perceptions of Current Awareness Services: a Faculty
Survey. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship (Winter 2002). 28 Nov. 2006.
- Fernandez,L. New Alliances in Scholarly Publishing. Feliciter 49.6 (2003): 290-292.
- Fernandez, L. Open Access Initiatives in India: an Evaluation. Partnership: the Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research 1.1 (2006). 19 Dec. 2006. Also published in Ramachandran, S., Doctor, G. eds. Digital Institutional Repositories – Case Studies. Ahmedabad, India: The ICFAI University Press, 2008.
- Dupuis, J. and Fernandez, L. A study of Canadian authorship in selected SPARC Alternative journals in the early years after their introduction. 22 Nov.2007
- Fernandez, L., Nariani, R. and M. Salmon.
Promoting Open Digital Scholarship: A Canadian Library Perspective. International Conference on Digital Libraries. New Delhi, India, February 23-26 2010.
- Nariani, R. and Fernandez, L. Open Access\ Publishing: What Authors Want. College and Research Libraries 73. 2 (2012):182-195.
- Fernandez, L. and Nariani, R. Open Access Funds: A Canadian Library Survey. Partnership: the Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research 6.1(2011)
- Fernandez, L. Open Access Initiatives in India: an Evaluation. Special Libraries Association Annual Conference, June 12, 2006, Baltimore, USA.
- Fernandez, L. Astronomy Education and Outreach in a Large Urban University. In Library and Information Services in Astronomy VI: 21st Century Astronomy Librarianship, from New Ideas to Action. Proceedings of a conference held at IUCAA & NCRA, Pune, Maharashtra, India, 14–17 February 2010 E. Isaksson, J. Lagerstrom, A. Holl, and N. Bawdekar, eds. San Francisco, CA: Astronomical Society of the
- Fernandez, L., Nariani, R. and M. Salmon. Promoting Public Access Policies: A New Role for Librarians. Science – Technology Division Contributed Papers Session. Special Libraries Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, U.S.A. June 14, 2010.
- Fernandez, L. The Evolution of Scientific Publishing. Distinguished Lecture Series, Sigma-Xi, University of Toronto Chapter, February 24, 2011.
Awards and Scholarships
- York University Librarian Research Award 1999. A proposal to study the impact of the Internet on scholarly communication in India.
- York University Librarian Research Award 2004. An analysis of Canadian
authorship in SPARC journals.
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Librarian Training Fellowship 2005-2006. A study of online research repositories in Indian educational institutions.
- York University Librarian Research Award 2006 (Co-recipient). Proposal to study accessibility of open access scholarly nursing and mathematics literature.
- Canadian Association of Research Libraries, Research in Librarianship Grant, 2011-2013. (Co-recipient with Jane Burpee, University of Guelph). A study of librarian roles in promoting scholarly communication within Canadian research libraries.