Just a few updates regarding YUL’s strategies for the return to classes.
1) Email Web Form
At last week’s All Staff Forum we discussed the idea of having a web form for people to submit comments and questions relating to the libraries during the remediation period. We’ve added this form to the bottom of the “Post-Strike Guide” which is linked quite prominently from the YUL home page.
If you have YUL-related questions you can’t answer or you have complaints, please point out this option to our users and we will respond as soon as possible.
2) 24/5 Hours
We are still investigating the possibility of 24/5 hours for study space, but this has not yet been confirmed. Apparently the idea has appeared in print or online somewhere so you may encounter a few students asking about it. Please refer any questions about extended hours to the “PostStrike” web page for updates.
3) Fines Policy
Also please note that there have been some small changes to the post-strike fine policy.
- During the strike fines did not accrue on overdue materials.
- Due dates on regular loan items that became overdue during the strike will be reset to Feb. 17th.
- Due dates on SMIL short loan items that became overdue during the strike have been reset to Feb. 9th.
- Overdue fines on regular loan items will be reinstated Feb. 18th.
- Fines will accrue on reserve and short loan items borrowed after Feb. 2nd as per regular loan policy.
- Limits on renewals will remain suspended.