The Learning Commons Committee is hosting a retreat Monday, May 3rd,1-4 p.m. Scott Library, Rm. 503 (entrance from the 5th floor balcony of the Scott Library).
We would like to use this retreat to bring together all the various players in the Learning Commons programming – both the physical Learning Commons, and projects that involve collaborations of the Learning Commons partners.
The invitation is being extended to:
- Learning Commons Committee members
- Scott Reference Dept (librarians and info desk)
- Writing instructors
- Learning Skills counsellors
- The Learning Commons sub-committees: Workshops & Virtual Learning Commons
- Information Literacy Committee (Libraries)
The purpose of the retreat is:
- to bring together everyone involved in Learning Commons initiatives; we work in so many pockets and committees, but don’t often have the opportunity to discuss things together and share the work that we are doing
- to deepen our collaborations and sense of community as we prepare to move into our new Learning Commons home in Sept. 2010
- to discuss what our collective goals as the Learning Commons could or should be and how we can integrate our work in the context of the Learning Commons and collaborative initiatives
Please RSVP to Nisa Lawson by end of the day Wed. April 28th.
posted on behalf of Mark Robertson