This is the home page of the York University Libraries Web Committee, where it manages its projects, ideas, etc. It’s readable by everyone, but only members (and people working with us on projects) can edit pages. The terms of reference describe what the committee does.
Meetings are held in the SMIL screening room on the first Tuesday of the month from 2-4 PM.
Only Connect is the Web Committee’s plan for what YUL will on the web, and how, over the next few years. It was approved first by the Web Committee on 7 October 2008 and then by the Library Computing Committee, then revised by the Web Committee on 7 July 2009 and 4 August 2009 and again approved by the Library Computing Committee.
- Improve the user experience (Walter)
- Create an environment of ongoing assessment (Aaron)
- Develop and enhance our online resources and services, and educate our users about them (Anna)
- Support mutual use and reuse of content and services by YUL and others (Tim)
- Provide training, maintenance, and support (Angela)
- Annual report 2008-2009
- Annual report 2009-2010
- Annual Report 2010-2011 (available as an ebook also)
Library Betas page (in development)
Otherwise known as BONUS (Betas & Other Neat Unusual Stuff), this is where we’ll highlight interesting new stuff we’re doing, as well as provide links to other useful web-based tools (e.g., browser extensions and the like)
- The projects page was used for planning work during 2008 and 2009.
- The User Experience Group and the 2009 home page and site redesign.
Statistcs and analytics on YUL web activity.