Life cycle of a page: create, publish, edit, delete
How to create an publish a page
1. In the left-hand navigation menu, go to Pages > Add New.
2. Enter the title of the page. A Permalink option will appear. This is where you can edit the URL of the page. Make it short, easy to understand, and informative.
3. Add the content.
4. Set the parent page if it this page is in a subsection of your site. If it’s a top-level page, leave it at “no parent.”
5. Either Save Draft or Publish. You can also set a time when you want the page to be published. This might be useful when changing the hours page for a branch, for example.
How to edit an existing page
1. Find the page in WordPress, either using All Pages, the Tree View, or, if you’re logged in, the Edit This Page link in the admin toolbar at the top of each page on your site.
2. Edit it!
3. Preview it and Publish it.
How to unpublish or delete a page
You can unpublish or delete a page with the options in this box:
To unpublish: changes the Status to Unpublished.
To delete: use Move to Trash. The page will stay in the trash for 30 days. It’s easy to undelete it and republish it.
Discuss this Post:
You must be logged in to post a comment.