The student portal, my.yorku.ca, was launched in August 2008. All students, undergraduate and graduate, can use it. The library has a tab on it.
Screenshots (taken using a test account, not a real student):
There are six portlets on the library tab. Three are the same for every student, and three show customized information.
- About the Library Tab: A short blurb about the tab. All of the tabs have an About portlet.
- Library Search: Search the catalogue. Takes the user to WebCat in a new browser tab or window.
- Library News: RSS feed from Library News.
- My Library Account: Books checked out, holds, and fines.
- Documented with other Library APIs.
- My Research Guides: Subject and course guides we suggest to the student, based on the enrolled program(s) and courses.
- My Librarian: The librarian (or reference desk) where the student can get help.
Libraries events in the York University Events calendar can appear in student calendars if they added them. (RSS: http://www.yorku.ca/yuevents/rssfeeds/libraries.rss)