… are at the heart of the Library
Students, faculty and researchers depend on library resources for their research and teaching. Gifts to library collections help to address the critical need for more library resources, whether it is newly published books, electronic journals, database upgrades, documentary films, unique manuscripts or special collections. We hope you’ll consider these initiatives to help strengthen the Libraries now and for future generations.
Honour with Books
Honour with Books provides you with a meaningful way to celebrate a special person in your life while making an important contribution to York University’s world class library collection. For every donation of $100, a personalized bookplate will be affixed to the inside front cover of a newly acquired book in the subject area of your choice. For a donation of $500, bookplates will be placed in six new books. An acknowledgment will be sent to the honouree upon request.
Remember Honour with Books for:
- Memorial Tributes
- Professional Honours and Retirements
- Personal Achievements
- Weddings, Anniversaries and Birthdays
Named Collection Endowment
Our Collection Endowment provides permanent funding to acquire library materials in a subject area of your choice. The principal of the endowment is invested and only the income is used to purchase the materials. For $25,000, you may establish a named endowment and bookplates will be affixed to items that are added to the library collection. A pledge at this level can be fulfilled over a period of up to five years. For more information about establishing an endowment, please contact the University Librarian or fill out the form below.
Order Form – Word document
Order Form – PDF
- Many of the distinctive collections in York University Libraries’ Clara Thomas Archives and Special Collections were gifts-in-kind donations.
- If you have some special materials or personal papers which you think may fit with the research and teaching activities of York, please consult us. We can begin to explore the potential of a gifts-in-kind donation from you to York University Libraries.
- Please contact Michael Moir, Head of Archives & Special Collections for further information or call 416-736-2100 ext. 22457.