Added Copies (GIFTS)
|Created: 96/07/22||Updated: 2009/02/20||Questions and comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
CHECK FOR COMPUTER DISKS IN BACK OF BOOK. (See instructions for processing books with computer disks at the end of this document )
1. Retrieve the record by title (if you retrieve more than one title, click on correct title), then click on Display1 Item on Command Pad ; then, at the preliminary Display1 Item screen, click on GO to display the bibliographic record. The display should look similar to the following example:
2. Check that the book matches the record retrieved. The Author, Title, Publication Information, Edition, Paging and ISBN must match.
3. Click on correct call number if there is more than one in bibliographic record. Note that the call number will appear at top of record beside Display1 Item. Note what the copy number should be for gift copy you are adding.
4. Click on Create Item. Change Title to Copy. Click on GO. Insert copy number in Copy.
5. Click on Type, change to In-Process. Set Home Location.
6. If the book is for Reference or Scott Archives and Special Collection then indicate N for non-circulating in Circulate Y/N.
7. Put barcode at top of first page of book and wand the barcode in New Barcode. If book is for Special Collections add white flyer and put barcode on flyer NOT ON BOOK.
Check to see message at bottom of screen says “Item Created”.
8. Click on Edit Item. Click on GO. If the book is for Reserves, enter Scott-Resv for Scott Reserves, Frost-Resv for Frost Reserves, BG-Resv for Business and Gov. Pub Reserves and Steac-Resv for Steacie Reserves, in the Current Location. Print a copy of the Copy Information, Call Number Information and Title Information screen. Circle Yorkline number (Control #) on printout of item record. Write the correct Item Type on printout.
9. Edit author and title on title page in pencil if book is paperback.
10. Enter added copy on statistics form.
11. Put book on truck (remove book jacket) except for Scott Archives and Special Collections.
Added Copies – Exceptions
If added copy is a paperback version of a hardcover book in Yorkline with everything exactly the same except for the print date, bring book to the attention of Linda Smith or Linda Gamble.
Processing Added Copies with Computer Disks
1. Check that 300 field in bibliographic record has noted the presence of the disk(s).
eg. 300 312 p. + 1 computer disk (3 1/2 in)
If not present, refer to Linda Smith.
2. Request copy of disk(s). (The Admin. Assistant will be responsible for obtaining copies and will store the original disks.)
3. Send item to Binding and Labelling with copy of disk(s) and note that labels are needed for the cover and inside of the item indicating the presence of the computer disk(s) and an additional spine label is needed for each disk.