Multiple Copies (In Process)
|Created: 96/07/22||Updated:96/10/28||Questions and comments to: email@example.com|
1. Search by Title.
2. Click on Display1 Item (F2)
If the call numbers display like the example below, the second call number will need to be removed unless that copy will have a different call number eg. Special Collection, Gov. Docs.
XX(1245350.1) copies: 1 library: YORK copy: 1 ID: 1245350-1001 IN-PROCESS (SCOTT) XX(1245350.2) copies: 1 library: YORK copy: 2 ID: 1245350-2002 IN-PROCESS (FROST)
3. Click on Edit Item and catalog first copy (see Monograph Check List)
4. Click on Display1 Item (F2). Press RETURN. Click on correct call number. Note that call number you selected will appear at top of record to the right of Display1 Item. Note the number of the copy that you will be adding.
5. Click on Create Item. Change Title to Copy. Click on GO. Check title at top of Create Item screen.
6. Enter copy number. Click on Type, change to In-Process.
7. Check Home Location, to make sure the location matches the added copy.
If the book is for Reference or Scott Archives and Special Collection then indicate N for non-circulating in Circulate Y/N.
8. Put barcode at top of first page of book and wand the barcode in New Barcode. If book is for Special Collections add white flyer and put barcode on flyer NOT ON BOOK.
Check bottom of screen for message "Item Created".
9. Click on Edit Item. Click on GO. (If the book is for Reserves, enter Scott-Resv for Scott Reserves, Frost-Resv for Frost Reserves, BG-Resv for Business and Gov. Pub Reserves and Steac-Resv for Steacie Reserves, in the Current Location). Print a copy of the Copy Information, Call Number Information and Title Information screen. Circle Yorkline number (Control #) on printout of item record. Write the correct Item Type on printout.
10. Edit author and title on title page in pencil if book is paperback.
11. Click on Display1 Item. Click on GO. Click on XX call number that needs to be deleted. Check that call number to be deleted shows beside Display1 Item at top of screen. Click on Remove Item. Check that you are removing the correct call number. Click on GO. Check bottom of screen for message "Call number and copy removed."
12. Click on Display1 Item. Retrieve record by wanding barcode of either copy in barcode well, or access by Control #. Click on GO. Make sure copies are displaying as they should.