Yorkline Descriptive Information
|Created: 96/07/05||Updated: 96/10/28||Questions and Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
– You must use the tab key to move from one field to the next.
– There are no error messages for incorrect information.
– 007 fields (for videos, music,etc) now appear with the variable fields eg. Fixed field data: 007 vf?cbahou
– There are no occurrence numbers.
– There is no |a at the beginning of a field (an invisible |a is supplied by the system). – There are no default indicators.
– There are no error messages for invalid tags, indicators, delimiters, etc.
– Fields cannot be easily resequenced.
– Information may be added within a field, or at the end of a field, and the field will wrap around.
Used for overlay – may contain Yorkline records no., ISBN, LCCN, etc.
LCCN (no initial spaces)
Title levels (notes converted from NOTIS – OPAC 0
Copy level notes (um=and coded notes)
converted from NOTIS – OPAC*
Textual holdings: – OPAC*
eg. LAW HAS: Vol.1-
LAW HAS: Vols.1, 1A-4, and citator 4A07, Research guide
SCOTT HAS: V.1-2
SCOTT HAS: text and instructor's manual
SMIL-DESK HAS: book and cassette
Yankee fields (YORK records only) – ignore OPAC 0
Holdings: – for loading records into Yorkline – ignore OPAC 0
Held by: – YORK or YORK-LAW – System OPAC 0
supplied as last tag.
– Click once on the field you want to delete and click once on the "delete" button bar.
eg. to insert a 250 tag:
Click on the 260 tag and click on the "before" button bar, or click on the 245 tag and click on the "after" button bar. Input the tag, indicators and text. The field label will be added when you update the record.
N.B. – fields cannot be easily resequenced.
– for multiple copies, copy nos. except copy1 will now appear on the label.
– Copy specific
– Do not display in OPAC
– Contain item level notes converted from NOTIS
Add Empty Entries:
– To add empty fields to a brief record (eg. no cataloguing copy found to overlay the brief record created in Acquisitions)
– Click on add empty entries on the preliminary EDIT ITEM screen — a red check mark will appear.
– Change entries: all to TEMPLATE.
– Click on GO or press ENTER.
Empty fields will appear on the screen if they are not already present in the brief record. Unused blank fields will be automatically removed.