Transfers to Scott Special Collections
If a book is being transferred from the regular stacks to Scott Archives and Special collections, please follow these procedures:
- Assign a numeric accession style ASC call number to the item which will go on the acid free flyer
- Ensure that the Class Scheme is TEXT or TEXTPER as appropriate
- Delete the old LC Call Number and barcode from the record and then re-wand the barcode so it is associated with the ASC Call Number
- Please do not attempt to remove the original barcode
- Please do not attempt to remove the old LC label and please do not apply a new label over it
ASC staff will be looking at the acid free flyer to shelve and retrieve the book, not at what is on the spine.