From: Karen Cassel, Manager, Serials and Electronic Acquisitions
Re: Monthly report, January 2001
Date: January 29, 2001
1. Electronic journals database. This month I completed the input of holdings into the database, with the input of holdings to JSTOR, Project Muse, Springer Link, Wiley Interscience, and MCB. We added Business Source Premier to the database, with over 1100 titles, bringing our total number of electronic journals to 7171. In preparation for using the database for creating the periodical indexes and databases web page, provider records were created for all non standing order type indexes and databases. In order to accommodate these, we added the new location "Law", the new funds "free", "Law" and "with print", and the new subscription types "Law" and "no subscription".
2. Gifts. I sold some of our unwanted gifts to David Mason books, and sent others to Great Books in Unionville.
3. Swets Blackwell. We received our early prepayment credit of gbp 5487.65. ý I have asked SB to switch us over to billing in US dollars effective immediately, since most publishers now bill SB in US dollars.
4. Relabelling project. Due to the CUPE strike, some staff in Facilities were available to spend some time relabelling books. Tom and Congfang joined the Binding staff for 37 hours and relabelled 887 books.
5. Open serial orders. An open order report was run and claiming, cancellation and other followup was completed.