Computing and Printing
All faculty members should receive Passport York login information on registering.
Don’t have one? Get a Passport York account.
You need a Passport York account to:
- Check your library account to see which books you have on loan, to renew books online, to check fines etc.
- access Electronic Resources (databases, e-journals etc.) from off-campus locations
- send jobs for printing within the Libraries
- place holds on library materials
- request materials borrowed between the Keele and Glendon campus libraries (ICB)
File Access service
A File Access Service account is needed to login to all computers, except guest computers and quick catalogue access stations, at the Libraries. Most computers at the Libraries require an Acadlabs account.
- To activate your Acadlabs account, simply log into Manage My Services using your Passport York account. If you don’t have a Passport York account, find out how to get one.
- Accessing FAS files from home
Network printing is available on all public workstations at the Libraries.
- Instructions for Printing and Printer Locations
- Payment Method: YU-card is now the exclusive payment method for printing and photocopying. Machines are available at all library locations to add value for printing purposes to your YU-card. Note : if you are printing at the Law Library, you will not be able to useyour YU Card. You must still buy a print card, which you can get from the macnine by the circulation desk in the Law Library
A minimum payments of $5 is required. $10 and $20 bills are also accepted. You can also add value to your card online at www.yorku.ca/yucard (Visa or Mastercard) – $5.00 minimum
- Cost of Printing: At library locations the cost to print in black and white is 10 cents per page and colour printing is 25 cents per page
- Printing from personal laptops at the library is not available at this time
- Guest Printing Cards: If you are a non-York member or a visitor to the campus and do not have a YU-card, you may purchase a Guest Card from the new YU-card Account Station locations
York Remote Printing allows you to print to publicly accessible campus printers from your laptop or desktop computer, either:
- wirelessly on-campus using AirYork, or
- with an internet connection on-campus or in residence