- Live chat and IM help is available.
- In-person help is available at research or reference desks during reference hours.
- Ask questions by e-mail. You can expect a response by 5 pm the next weekday.
- Phone us at 416-736-5150, menu option 3.
Don’t forget to check out our Research FAQ page for answers to your most frequent questions, workshop times and locations, and much more!
The Learning Commons: Support for Research, Writing and Learning Skills
The Learning Commons @ Scott Library (on the 2nd floor) brings together a variety of resources and services to support your learning needs. The Libraries are collaborating with other campus services to assist you in areas such as research, writing, learning skills, and career services.
The Learning Commons offers one-on-one drop-in consultations with librarians, writing instructors, and learning skills tutors in the “Hub” area just off the Scott Library Atrium (on the 2nd floor). Workshops provided by a team of , and career counsellors. Workshops are offered on topics such as:
- Introduction to library research
- Exam preparation
- Reading and note-taking skills
- Essay writing
- Topic selection
- Time management
- What can I do with my degree?
To learn more about the Learning Commons (including drop-in hours and workshop listings) click here.
Has writing your research paper got you frustrated? Running out of time? Keep track of your research for assignments with the Libraries’ assignment calculator.
Use the assignment calculator to plan and organize your research. It’s easy!
- Enter the date you will start the assignment and the assignment due date. Select the subject area from the drop down menu.
- Click on “How do I get it done on time?” and the assignment calculator will do the rest.
The assignment calculator will break down the research process into steps, with suggested deadlines. Information, tips and direct links to relevant online resources are provided to guide you through each stage. You can also sign up to receive a friendly email reminder at each step of the process.
You can beat the clock using the assignment calculator!