Prime minister, cabinet, and core executive /
- Publication info:
- New York : St. Martin's Press, 1995.
Leslie Frost Library
On the Shelf
- Prime minister, cabinet, and core executive / edited by R.A.W. Rhodes and Patrick Dunleavy.
- Other Authors:
New York : St. Martin's Press, 1995
- Physical Description:
x, 364 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 326-346) and indexes.
0333558960 (hardcover)0333555287 (pbk.)0312126166 (St. Martin's Press : cloth)
Table of Contents
- Introducing the core executive ; Surveying the field. From prime ministerial power to core executive /R.A.W. Rhodes
- Central government departments and the policy process /Martin J. Smith, David Marsh and David Richards
- Interpreting history. Relations between prime minister and cabinet : from Wilson to Thatcher /Simon James
- The downfall of Margaret Thatcher /G.W. Jones
- Interpreting the rise and fall of Margaret Thatcher : power dependence and the core executive /Martin J. Smith.The cabinet office and coordination, 1979-87 /Anthony Selden
- The ethos of the cabinet office : a comment on the testimony of officials /Michael Lee
- Ministerial responsibility and the theory of the British state /Alan Beattie
- Empirical studies. Reinterpreting the Westland affair : theories of the state and core executive decision making /Patrick Dunleavy
- Core executive decision making on high technology issues : the case of the Alvey report /Leo Keliher.Joining the ERM : analysing a core executive policy disaster /Helen Thompson
- Leaders, politics and institutional change : the decline of prime ministerial accountability to the House of Commons, 1868-1990 /Patrick Dunleavy ... [et al.]
- Estimating the distribution of positional influence in cabinet committees under major /Patrick Dunleavy
- Guide to further reading /R.A.W. Rhodes.