Civil justice : reform for the 21st century.
- Publication info:
- [Toronto, Ont.]: Canadian Bar Association, Systems of Civil Justice Task Force, 1996.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
Holdings: LAW Vols. 1-2.
On the Shelf
The civil litigation process : cases and materials / general editor, Janet Walker, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University ; editors, Jane Bailey, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, Barbara Billingsley, Faculty of Law, University of Alberta, David A. Crerar, Borden, Ladner, Gervais, LLP, Erik S. Knutsen, Faculty of Law, Queen's University.
KF 8840 ZA2 W282 2016
- Civil justice : reform for the 21st century.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
[Toronto, Ont.]: Canadian Bar Association, Systems of Civil Justice Task Force, 1996
- Portion of Title:
- Reform for the 21st century
- Item Description:
"A national conference sponsored by the Canadian Bar Association's Systems of Civil Justice Task Force"."February 1-3, 1996, Toronto."
- Physical Description:
2 v. (various pagings)
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- V.l. Plenary session I ; Reports from Provincial & territorial working groups
- Plenary Session II ; The civil justice system today. Costs of civil justice / by Owen Lippert, et al.
- The Canadian Bar Association/Fraser institute Corporate Counsel Survey.
- Plenary session III ; The civil justice system tomorrow
- Dispute resolution in the 21st Century / by Thomas Cromwell
- Technological change as a revolutionizer / by Anderson Consulting
- Technology and modernization of the justice system / by Ed Finlan
- Plenary session IV ; Access to civil justice and lawyering in the 21st century
- Changing world challenging times, lawyering in Canada in the 21st Century / by Harry Arthurs
- Changes in legal practice and client/lawyer relationships / by Margaret Ross
- Legal education and civil justice reform / by Lynn Smith
- Biographies.V.2. Workshop series A - Delay and costs
- Adequacy of costs and pre-judgement interest / by Rod Mclennan
- Case Management / by Gretchen Pohlkamp
- The efficient resolution of business disputes : issue paper / by Leon E. Trakman
- Expert evidence / by David Tavender and G.L. Tarnowsky
- Interlocutory applications and appeals / by Rod McLennan
- Reform of the discovery process / by David Tavender and G.L. Tarnowsky
- Specialized courts / by Ron Walker
- Workshop series B - Access and lawyering
- Access to civil justice - overcoming barriers / by Melina Buckley
- Alternatives to the courts - the role of ADR and community based programs / by Neil Gold
- Court administration : community involvement, judicial accountability and independence / S.G.M. Grange
- Workshop series C - Guidelines for the 21st Century
- Time standards for the disposition of civil cases / by CBA Working Group on Court Delays, Francois Rolland et al.
- Court operations and resources / by Chief Justice Roy McMurtry