Social cognition : studies of the development of understanding /
- Publication info:
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1982.
On the Shelf
- Social cognition : studies of the development of understanding / edited by George Butterworth and Paul Light. --
- Other Authors:
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1982
- Physical Description:
xiv, 265 p. : ill.
Includes bibliographies and index.
Table of Contents
- A brief account of the conflict between the individual and the social in models of cognitive growth / George Butterworth
- What exactly is social about the origins of understanding? / David Hamlyn
- An ecological approach to cognitive development: implicate orders, joint action and intentionality / John Shotter and John Newson
- Towards a social-cognitive explanation of imitation development / Donald Clementson-Mohr
- The primary motives for cooperative understanding / Colwyn Trevarthen
- How infants see the point / John Churcher and Michael Scaife
- Representational development and the structure of action / Chris Sinha
- Cognitive factors limiting shared care arrangements for young children / Peter Smith
- The child's concept of emotion / Paul Harris and Tjeert Olthof
- Cognitive tasks as interactional settings / Irene Nielson and Julie Dockrell
- Peer interaction and learning: can two wrongs make a right? / Martin Glachan and Paul Light.