Diplomacy and revolution : the Franco-American alliance of 1778 /
- Publication info:
- Charlottesville : Published for the United States Capitol Historical Society by the University Press of Virginia, 1981.
On the Shelf
A collection of state-papers, relative to the first acknowledgment of the sovereignty of the United States of America, and the reception of their minister plenipotentiary, by their high mightinesses the States general of the United Netherlands : To which is prefixed, the political character of John Adams, ambassador plenipotentiary / By an American. Likewise, An essay on canon and feudal law / by John Adams.
E 249 A214
Life of Arthur Lee : joint commissioner of the United States to the court of France and sole commissioner to the courts of Spain and Prussia, during the Revolutionary War / with his political and literary correspondence and his papers on diplomatic and political subjects, and the affairs of the United States during the same period. --
E 249 L49 1969 V.1
- Diplomacy and revolution : the Franco-American alliance of 1778 / edited by Ronald Hoffman and Peter J. Albert.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Charlottesville : Published for the United States Capitol Historical Society by the University Press of Virginia, 1981
- Physical Description:
xii, 200 p. ; 22 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- DeConde, A. The French Alliance in historical speculation.
- Stinchcombe, W.C. Americans celebrate the birth of the Dauphin.
- Dull, J.R. France and the American Revolution seen as tragedy.
- Murphy, O.T. The view from Versailles.
- Kaplan, L.W. The treaties of Paris and Washington, 1778 and 1949.