The new Negroes and their music : the success of the Harlem Renaissance /
- Publication info:
- Knoxville : University of Tennessee Press, c1997.
On the Shelf
- The new Negroes and their music : the success of the Harlem Renaissance / Jon Michael Spencer.
- Main Author:
- Spencer, Jon Michael.
Knoxville : University of Tennessee Press, 1997
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
xxii, 171 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -163) and index.
087049967X (pbk. : perm. paper)
Table of Contents
- A power that will some day be applied to higher forms
- Wild dreams of bringing glory and honor to the Negro race
- The terrible handicap of working as a Negro composer
- A problem which could be solved by the simple rules of justice.