Secrets for a successful dissertation /
- Publication info:
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c1998.
|Due: May 11, 2019||SCOTT-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Secrets for a successful dissertation / Jacqueline Fitzpatrick, Jan Secrist, Debra J. Wright.
- Main Author:
- Fitzpatrick, Jacqueline.
- Other Authors:
Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, 1998
- Physical Description:
xvi, 184 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 171-177) and index.
0761912509 (cloth : acid-free paper)0761912517 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Table of Contents
- Writing the doctoral proposal. Getting to the topic and its focus. Writing the proposal. Reviewing the literature. Developing your methodology. Secrets checklist
- Choosing a methodology. Deciding which is best. What do you want to research. Mixed methodology. Secrets checklist
- Selecting committee members. Reasons for selecting each member. Beware of unreal timetables. When to replace a chair. Who fixes every last word. Over and over again. Secrets checklist
- Surviving the human subjects committee. Playing by the rules. Intentions. How not to hang yourself. Secrets checklist
- Collecting data. Tape talk. Be prepared. Interview challenges. What now? The concreteness of surveys. Survey and questionnaire decisions. Pilot studies/identified population. Types of surveys to expect. Secrets checklist for interviews. Secrets checklist for surveys
- Developing a support group. Can you fire-walk together? Be careful whom you choose. Loneliness happens. Dealing with emotions. Moby's sick
- . Dorian is getting gray. Secrets checklist
- Getting organized. When everything is in pieces. Getting control of your life. Qualitative coding. Statistics. Hoops and troughs. How to avoid withering frights. Secrets checklist
- Using technology. Learning the language. What to do with floppity flops. Dealing with rebellious floppies. Statistical analysis. Qualitative coding. Getting a life. We can survive this challenge. What not to write. It's about time. Secret's checklist
- Defending the dissertation. Party hearty. The final hours. Celebration. Secrets checklist
- Avoiding sudden stops. Horror stories 1-10. Emergency appendectomies.