Understanding Charles Seeger, pioneer in American musicology /
- Publication info:
- Urbana : University of Illinois Press, c1999.
On the Shelf
- Understanding Charles Seeger, pioneer in American musicology / edited by Bell Yung and Helen Rees ; foreword by Anthony Seeger.
- Other Authors:
Urbana : University of Illinois Press, 1999
- Physical Description:
xi, 192 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0252024931 (acid-free paper)
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Bell Yung and Helen Rees
- The dynamics of dissonance in Seeger's treatise and Crawford's Quartet / Taylor Greer
- The American composer in the 1930s : the social thought of Seeger and Chávez / Leonora Saavedra
- Form, content, and value: Seeger and criticism to 1940 / Robert R. Grimes
- "Temporary bypaths"? : Seeger and folk music research / Helen Rees
- Ruth Crawford, Charles Seeger, and The music of American folk songs / Judith Tick
- Seeger's unitary field theory reconsidered / Lawrence M. Zbikowski
- Anthropology and musicology : Seeger's writings from 1933 to 1953 / Nimrod Baranovitch
- From modern physics to modern musicology : Seeger and beyond / Bell Yung.