The passions of law /
- Publication info:
- New York : New York University Press, 1999.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- The passions of law / edited by Susan A. Bandes.
- Other Authors:
New York : New York University Press, 1999
- Physical Description:
xv, 367 p.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
081471305X (cloth : acid-free paper)
Table of Contents
- "Secret sewers of vice": disgust, bodies and the law / Martha Nussbaum
- The progressive appropriation of disgust / Dan Kahan
- Show (some) emotions / Toni Massaro
- Justice v. vengeance : on law and the satisfaction of emotion / Robert Solomon
- Moral epistemology, the retributive emotions, and the "clumsy moral philosophy" of Jesus Christ / Jeffrie Murphy
- Remorse, responsibility, and criminal punishment : an analysis of popular culture / Austin Sarat
- Democratic dis-ease : of anger and the troubling nature of punishment / Danielle Allen
- Making up emotional people : the case of romantic love / Cheshire Calhoun
- Fear, weak legs, and running away : a soldier's story / William Ian Miller
- Institutions and emotions : redressing mass violence / Martha Minow
- Emotion and the authority of law : variation on themes in Bentham and Austin / John Deigh
- Emotion versus emotionalism in law / Judge Richard Posner
- Harlan, Holmes and the passions of justice / Samuel H. Pillsbury.