From migrants to citizens : membership in a changing world /
- Publication info:
- Washington, D.C. : Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, c2000.
On the Shelf
- From migrants to citizens : membership in a changing world / T. Alexander Aleinikoff, Douglas Klusmeyer, editors.
- Other Authors:
Washington, D.C. : Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2000
- Physical Description:
xi, 514 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Citizenship in countries of immigration : introduction to part one / David A. Martin
- Citizenship and immigration in Australia / Gianni Zappal and Stephen Castles
- The dilemmas of Canadian citizenship law / Donald Galloway
- Between principles and politics : U.S. citizenship policy / T. Alexander Aleinikoff
- Citizenship in the aftermath of major political transformations : introduction to part two / Kathleen Newland
- Migration and admittance to citizenship in Russia / George Ginsburgs
- Post-apartheid citizenship in South Africa / Jonathan Klaaren
- The making of citizenship policy in the Baltic States
- Lowell W. Barrington
- Dual and supranational citizenship : limits to transnationalism : introduction to part three / Rainer Baubick
- Nationality in Mexico / Manuel Becerra Ramirez
- Citizenship of the European Union / Marco Martiniello
- Citizenship in Israel and Japan : introduction to part four / Aristide R. Zolberg
- Citizenship and membership in the Israeli polity / Ayelet Shachar
- Citizenship in Japan : legal practice and contemporary development / Chikako Kashiwazaki
- Managing membership : new trends in citizenship and nationality policy / Miriam Feldblum.