Where the tigers were : travels through literary landscapes /
- Publication info:
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina Press, c2000.
On the Shelf
- Where the tigers were : travels through literary landscapes / Don Meredith.
- Main Author:
- Meredith, Don, 1938-
Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina Press, 2000
- Physical Description:
xii, 201 p.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -201).
1570033803 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- The fox : a memoir of Dylan Thomas' Wales
- The house on Rue Lepsius : C.P. Cavafy in the city of Alexander
- Looking for Sugar Street : the Cairo of Naguib Mahfouz
- A dangerous man : T.E. Lawrence in the Middle East
- The pagan soul : Lawrence Durrell and the Marine Venus
- Where the tigers were : Thomas Mann's Venice
- Le Mura degli angeli : Giorgio Bassani on the Walls of the angels
- Lake filled with light : E.M. Forster in Tuscany
- The nine dragons of Cochin China : in the Vietnam of Marguerite Duras
- Room over the Rue Catinat : Graham Greene in Vietnam
- The only Mzungu afoot : Maria Thomas' Dar es Salaam
- Honourable lioness : in Karen Blixen's Africa.