Citizenship today : global perspectives and practices /
- Publication info:
- Washington, D.C. : Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2001
On the Shelf
- Citizenship today : global perspectives and practices / T. Alexander Aleinikoff, Douglas Klusmeyer, editors.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Washington, D.C. : Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2001
- Physical Description:
xi, 410 p.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0870031848 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- National policies in comparative perspective. Access to citizenship : a comparison of twenty-five nationality laws / Patrick Weil. The evolution of alien rights in the United States, Germany, and the European Union / Christian Joppke. Plural nationality : facing the future in a migratory world / T. Alexander Aleinikoff and Douglas Klusmeyer Relational nationality : on gender and nationality in international law / Karen Knop
- Locations of citizenship. Citizenship and federalism / Vicki C. Jackson. Ethnic marginalization as statelessness : lessons from the Great Lakes Region of Africa / Francis Deng. "City-states" and citizenship / Richard T. Ford
- Redefining citizenship : concepts and practices. Denationalizing citizenship / Linda Bosniak. The emergence of transnational citizenship among Mexican immigrants in California / Paul Johnston. Immigrant and minority representations of citizenship in Quebec / Micheline Labelle and Daniel Salě
- Concluding reflections. Cultural citizenship, minority rights, and self-government / Rainer Bauböck. Integration policy and integration research in Europe : a review and critique / Adrian Favell.