Immigration and the politics of American sovereignty, 1890-1990 /
- Publication info:
- Ann Arbor : The University of Michigan Press, c2001.
On the Shelf
The United States Commission on Immigration Reform : the interim and final reports and commentary / edited by Gabriel J. Chin with the editors of the University of Cincinnati Immigration and Nationality Law Review (1998-99) ; Morgain Sprague (project editor) ; Adam Bleile ... [et al.].
JV 6483 U225 2000
- Immigration and the politics of American sovereignty, 1890-1990 / Cheryl Shanks.
- Main Author:
- Shanks, Cheryl, 1962-
Ann Arbor : The University of Michigan Press, 2001
- Physical Description:
390 p. : ill., maps
Includes bibliographical references (p. 339-377) and index.
047211204X (Cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Arguments about immigrants
- Whether to exclude
- Whom to exclude : the Quota Acts
- Whom to exclude : the McCarran-Walter Act
- Whom to exclude, whom to prefer : the Immigration Reform Act of 1965
- Whom to exclude, whom to prefer : IRCA and the 1990 reforms
- Domestic interests as explanations
- Structural theories as explanations
- Conclusion: sovereignty, things, and people.