Critical beings : law, nation, and the global subject /
- Publication info:
- Aldershot, Hants, England : Ashgate, c2004.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Critical beings : law, nation, and the global subject / edited by Peter Fitzpatrick and Patricia Tuitt.
- Other Authors:
Aldershot, Hants, England : Ashgate, 2004
- Physical Description:
xx, 226 p. ; 23 cm
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0754622886 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- The fiction of the state of nature in real time : the social contract, international human rights and the refugee / Jill Stauffer
- National identity and refugee law / Sarah Kyambi
- Refugees, nations, laws and the territorialization of violence / Patricia Tuitt
- On being, nation and citizenship in Sri Lanka : going beyond the ontological hermeneutic of the Buddhist cosmos / Roshan De Silva
- Making people illegal / Catherine Dauvergne
- Constitutional (U) topology : the (dis) appearance of Ireland / Patrick Hanafin
- Terminal legality? : human rights and critical being / Peter Fitzpatrick
- The paradox of human rights / Paul A. Passavant
- Global formations : IMF conditionality and the south as legal subject / Sundhya Pahuja
- Ejecting an inside : an essay on the politics of the contemporary American immigration state / Kunal Parker
- Mapping territories of legality : an exploratory cartography of an emerging female global subject / Denise Ferreira da Silva.