Writing research : transforming data into text /
- Publication info:
- Edinburgh ; New York : Churchill Livingstone, 2003.
On the Shelf
- Writing research : transforming data into text / edited by Judith Clare, Helen Hamilton ; foreword by Patricia E. Stevens.
- Other Authors:
Edinburgh ; New York : Churchill Livingstone, 2003
- Physical Description:
xvi, 222 p. : ill.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Sect. 1Framing the writing task
- 1.The shape and form of research writing
- 2.Writing a PhD thesis
- 3.The nature of research writing
- 4.Purpose, planning and presentation
- Sect. 2Linking data and text
- 5.Feminist approaches
- 6.Interpretative research: weaving a phenomenological text
- 7.Life history: the integrity of her voice
- 8.Writing critical research
- 9.Postmodern and poststructural approaches
- 10.Positivist-analytical approach to research
- Sect. 3Contextual considerations
- 11.Key relationships for writers
- 12.Ties that bind: ethical and legal issues for writers