Comparative international commercial arbitration /
- Publication info:
- The Hague ; New York : Kluwer Law International ; Frederick, MD : Sold and distributed in North, Central and South America by Aspen Publishers, c2003.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Comparative international commercial arbitration / by Julian D.M. Lew, Loukas A. Mistelis, Stefan M. Kröll.
- Main Author:
- Lew, Julian D. M.
- Other Authors:
The Hague ; New York : Frederick, MD : Kluwer Law International ; 2003
- Physical Description:
xxxv, 953 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 805-816) and index.
9041115684 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Arbitration as a dispute settlement mechanism
- Regulatory framework for arbitration
- Forms of arbitration
- Essential characteristics of international commercial arbitration
- Juridical nature of arbitration
- Arbitration agreements: autonomy and applicable law
- Arbitration agreements: validity and interpretation
- Drafting of the arbitration agreement
- Selection and appointment of arbitrators by parties and institutions
- Impartiality and independence of arbitrators
- Rights and duties of arbitrators and parties
- Challenge, removal and replacement of arbitrators
- Determination of jurisdiction
- Arbitration and the courts
- Multiparty and multicontract arbitration
- Determination of applicable law
- Applicable substantive law
- Arbitration and European law
- Commencement of arbitration
- Arbitration procedure
- Taking evidence in international arbitration
- Interim and conservatory measures
- Arbitration award
- Challenges to award
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards
- Arbitration with government and state owned entities
- Arbitration of investment disputes.