Liberalism : the genius of American ideals /
- Publication info:
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, c2004.
On the Shelf
- Liberalism : the genius of American ideals / Marcus G. Raskin.
- Main Author:
- Raskin, Marcus G.
Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 2004
- Physical Description:
xviii, 323 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 297-306) and index.
0742515907 (Cloth : alk. paper)0742515915 (Paper : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- The liberal purpose
- The ambiguity of liberal democracy
- Giving birth to third stage liberalism
- Features of democratic transformation
- Cultural support and impediments to liberal democracy
- Social character and the liberalism of social reconstruction
- Capitalist economics fails democracy
- Technohype and democratic illusion
- The liberal democratic covenant : everyone sits at the table
- The university in liberal democracy
- Peace and real politik
- War avoidance
- Tragic and hopeful signs.