Is separate unequal? : Black colleges and the challenge to desegregation /
- Publication info:
- Lawrence, Kan. : University Press of Kansas, c2004.
On the Shelf
Shortchanging girls, shortchanging America : executive summary : a nationwide poll that assesses self-esteem, educational experiences, interest in math and science, and career aspirations of girls and boys ages 9-15 / commissioned by the American Association of University Women ; researched by Greenberg-Lake--the Analysis Group.
LC 212.82 S56 1994
- Is separate unequal? : Black colleges and the challenge to desegregation / Albert L. Samuels.
- Main Author:
- Samuels, Albert L. 1966- (Albert Leon),
Lawrence, Kan. : University Press of Kansas, 2004
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
x, 246 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 197-231) and index.
0700613013 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Brown as a personification of the American creed
- The road to Brown and the dilemma of the Black college
- Applying Brown to higher education
- Education and racial politics : the era of Jim Crow in higher education in Mississippi
- From Ayers to Fordice : desegregation in the context of conservatism
- Desegregation and Black colleges : a case study in the limitations of the American creed.