Risks, reputations, and rewards : contingency fee legal practice in the United States /
- Publication info:
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford Law and Politics, 2004.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Prepaid legal services plans : hearings before the Subcommittee on Representation of Citizen Interests of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-third Congress, second session, on recent developments in prepaid legal services plans : May 14 and 15, 1974. --
KF 310 G7 A2 J87 1974
- Risks, reputations, and rewards : contingency fee legal practice in the United States / Herbert M. Kritzer.
- Main Author:
- Kritzer, Herbert M., 1947-
Stanford, Calif. : Stanford Law and Politics, 2004
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xiii, 334 p.: ill.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -324) and index.
Table of Contents
- The political economy of the American contingency fee
- A profile of Wisconsin's contingency fee practitioners and their cases
- Clients seeking lawyers, lawyers seeking clients : finding and screening potential cases
- The work of the contingency fee lawyer
- Understanding settlement negotiations
- Cashing out the investment
- The role of reputation in contingency fee practice
- Conclusion : praying for justice or preying on justice?