Probationary Americans : contemporary immigration policies and the shaping of Asian American communities /
- Publication info:
- New York : Routledge, 2005.
On the Shelf
- Probationary Americans : contemporary immigration policies and the shaping of Asian American communities / Edward J.W. Park and John S.W. Park.
- Main Author:
- Park, Edward J. W.
- Other Authors:
New York : Routledge, 2005
- Physical Description:
xi, 138 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 115-134) and index.
0415947502 (hc : alk. paper)0415947510 (pb : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- The next American nation
- Governing admissions to the United States : basic themes
- Exclusion, deportation, and refugee admissions
- Efficiency and cost : detention and deportation after 1996
- Toward limits to welfare and family reunification
- "Temporary workers" in American law and society since 1990
- Engineering the model minority
- Probationary Americans.