Gender in urban education : strategies for student achievement /
- Publication info:
- Portsmouth, NH : Heinemann, c2004.
On the Shelf
Shortchanging girls, shortchanging America : executive summary : a nationwide poll that assesses self-esteem, educational experiences, interest in math and science, and career aspirations of girls and boys ages 9-15 / commissioned by the American Association of University Women ; researched by Greenberg-Lake--the Analysis Group.
LC 212.82 S56 1994
- Gender in urban education : strategies for student achievement / Alice E. Ginsberg, Joan Poliner Shapiro, Shirley P. Brown ; foreword by David Sadker.
- Main Author:
- Ginsberg, Alice E.
- Other Authors:
Portsmouth, NH : Heinemann, 2004
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xxiii, 183 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 165) and index.
086709530X (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Gender in education: contradictions and connections
- Models of gender equity programs
- Raising awareness about gender: questions for reflection, research, and practice
- Beyond "add women and stir": new approaches to curriculum development
- Strategies for addressing sexuality and sexual harassment
- The gender politics of student achievement and urban school reform
- Conclusion: connecting gender issues schoolwide.