Religion, education, and the American experience : reflections on religion and American public life /
- Publication info:
- Tuscaloosa : University of Alabama Press, c2002.
On the Shelf
Poison drops in the Federal Senate : the school question from a parental and non-sectarian stand-point, an epitome of the educational views of Zach. Montgomery / on account of which views a stubborn but fruitless effort was made in the United States Senate to prevent his confirmation as Assistant Attorney-General. Compiled by himself from the United States census reports and from his own writings. --
LC 111 M72 1972
- Religion, education, and the American experience : reflections on religion and American public life / edited by Edith L. Blumhofer ; introduction by Martin E. Marty.
- Other Authors:
Tuscaloosa : University of Alabama Press, 2002
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
viii, 246 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
0817311467 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Liberal education and religious studies / Warren A. Nord
- Beyond the boundaries : literature, religion, and science / Roger Lundin
- The dying of the light or the glimmering of the dawn? / Robert Benne
- A call for diversity / Mark U. Edwards, Jr.
- Public religion and higher education : the role of the faculty in maintaining the Catholic identity of Catholic colleges and universities / Charles Zech
- A memorandum on the higher learning in Catholic America / Robert Sullivan
- Religion and public education / James C. Moyer
- The view from the university chapel / Alison L. Boden
- The college president as spiritual leader / Edison O. Jackson
- Religion, schooling, and home education : past and present / James C. Carper and Brian D. Ray.