The social status of the professional musician from the Middle Ages to the 19th century /
- Publication info:
- New York : Pendragon Press, c1983.
On the Shelf
- The social status of the professional musician from the Middle Ages to the 19th century / Walter Salmen, general editor ; annotated and translated from the German by Herbert Kaufman and Barbara Reisner. --
- Other Authors:
New York : Pendragon Press, 1983
- Uniform Title:
- Item Description:
Translation of: Der Sozialstatus des Berufsmusikers vom 17. bis 19. Jahrhundert.
- Physical Description:
ix, iii, 281 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. --
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The social status of the musician in the Middle Ages / Walter Salmen
- The social status of the town musician / Heinrich W. Schwab
- The social status of organists in Lutheran Germany from the 16th through the 19th century / Arnfried Edler
- On the social status of the Spielmann (folk musician) in 17th and 18th century Germany, particularly in the Northwest / Dieter Krickeberg
- The hautboist : an outline of evolving careers and functions / Werner Braun
- The economic conditions of the 18th century musician / Richard Petzoldt
- The musician as music dealer in the second half of the 18th century / Klaus Hortschansky
- The origin and social status of the court orchestral musician in the 18th and early 19th century in Germany / Christoph-Hellmut Mahling
- Social obligations of the emancipated musician in the 19th century / Walter Salmen.